PHRASAL VERBS WITH PICK
a) To take something up off of a surface. Pick your coat up off the floor.
b) To meet and collect a person from a specific location. Who's going to pick Henry up at
c) To buy something Jordan picked up some milk on the way home.
a) To select, to choose. Melissa picked out a shirt and brought it to the dressing room.
b) To separate from. If you break a wine glass, make sure you pick all of the glass out of the
To take the best of something and leave what is not so good. The shirts have been on
sale so long that they've really been picked over.
To tease. My sisters and brothers always picked on me because I was the youngest.
To choose from a group of something. Mrs. Stefanson picked a new assistant from the
group of applicants for the job.
a) To take only very small amounts of food. Jessica ate almost everything on her plate, but
she only picked at her peas.
b) To scratch or irritate something, such as a cut or scrape. Don't pick at that cut! Let it heal.
Pick up on.
To understand something, especially something that isn't intended to be understood.
They spoke in Spanish in front of Dorothy, so she didn't pick up on what they were
Place the correct phrasal verb with pick in the blank space in each sentence.
1. What time do you want me to ___________ you __________ from the airport?
2. Alex's mother and sister helped her __________ her wedding dress.
3. Look how you __________ your food. You eat like a bird.
4. Johnny, _________ all your toys and put them away.
5. Evelyn _________ the label on her sweater because it irritates her.
6. Mrs. Russell told the class bully not to __________ the younger children.
7. Barry's a pretty smart little boy; he seems to __________ whatever anyone says.
8. I've a beautiful crystal vase for Bill and Cindy's wedding gift.
1. pick/up, 2. pick out, 3. pick at, 4. pick up, 5. picks at, 6. pick on, 7. pick up on, 8. picked out
Desde el aula de Sarrión, además de aprender el funcionamiento básico del ordenador también estamos profundizando en el uso de los dispositi...
I. READING COMPREHENSION - Read the text below and do the tasks that follow it. ARE YOU AN INTERNET ADDICT? Experts say that millions ...
When in time if This is the condition (if clause) result /consequence / effect (main clause) ...
Se llama tilde diacrítica al acento gráfico que permite distinguir palabras con idéntica forma, es decir, escritas con las mismas letras,...