jueves, 16 de abril de 2020

ENGLISH A2

A LETTER TO MY PEN PAL

Hi! My name is Ian and I am your new pen pal. I’m twenty years old, and I live in Newcastle, in the North of England. During the week, I get up at half past seven. I usually have breakfast with my mother and brother because my father leaves earlier for work. I am a student at Technical College. I am studying to become a mechanic. Lessons start at 9 am. I usually leave college at around half past two in the afternoon. I am good at the practical subjects. This year, we are studying Spanish, that is why I am so happy that I found a new Spanish pen friend! I’ll try and write my next letter in Spanish! I like playing basketball and soccer. I also play tennis, and I like swimming. At weekends, I go to the cinema with my friends. We love action movies. Sometimes, my family and I go to a restaurant for lunch on Sundays. As you can imagine, I’ve been interested in cars since I was a child. I’m crazy about driving and I also enjoy fixing cars. When I was ten years old, I had many toy cars. I played with them and repaired the ones my friends broke. I also helped my dad fix his car. So, finally I decided to study to become a mechanic. When I finish my studies, I am planning to open up my own garage. My girlfriend is also interested in cars, so who knows?, maybe we can run the garage together with our children in the future. Please write to me and tell me about you and your life. What’s your family like? What do you like doing in your spare time? Do you have any plans for the future?
I hope to hear from you soon.
All the best, Ian

Adapted from www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglishteens

1. Read these sentences and say if they are TRUE or FALSE.
a. Ian lives in the South of his country. _________
b. He is studying at Technical College to become a mechanic. _________
c. Ian and his friends love horror movies. _________
d. Ian has had a passion for cars since he was very young. _________
e. He is planning to open his own garage when he finishes his studies. _________
f. Ian’s girlfriend likes cars too. _________

KEY: F, T, F, T, T, T

2. Answer the following questions with information from the text. WRITE FULL SENTENCES.
a) Who does Ian have breakfast with?
b) What was Ian’s relationship with cars when he was ten years old?

KEY: He has breakfast with his mother and brother.
He had toy cars, he fixed the ones that his brother broke and he helped his father to repair his car.

3. Match the words from the text with their definition or synonym.
1. subject (line 5) ______          a. film.
2. letter (line 7) ______             b. a written or printed message addressed to a person or organization.
3. movie (line 9) ______           c. repair.
4. fix (line 13) ______              d. a branch of knowledge as a course of study.

KEY: 1D, 2B, 3A, 4C

4. Circle the correct answer.
1. I am vegetarian, that’s why I don’t eat any ______________.
a. oranges b. vegetables c. meat

2. My boyfriend ____________________ football at the moment.
a. plays b. playing c. is playing

3. My sister is pregnant. She ____________________ a baby in January.
a. going to have b. is going to have c. are going to have

4. My brother is ____________ than my brother.
a. taller b. tallest c. more tall

KEY: 1c, 2c, 3b, 4a

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

  19 ABR 2024 | 11:00   La biblioteca de la UNED te invita a unirte a una sesión formativa sobre el portal de investigación de la UNED.  El ...